Sunday, May 27, 2012

Summer Goals

Time for a check-up!

1) Volunteer I volunteered once this week with my church, helping to make Vacation Bible School decorations.
2) 2 million grains on freerice I have kept steadily working towards this. I have a little more than 800,000 grains. However, through most of the week I have a bad attitude about spending so much of my time on freerice. This attitude is something I want to work on in this coming week.
3) Summer reading list I finished a book on my reading list, started another one, and continued working on a third book. I also read three books this past week that are not on my summer reading list.
4) Book reviews I have reviewed every book that I finished this week.
5) Reflect more I don't think that I reflected more on my Bible readings, perhaps even a bit less than I did last week. I also think that I reflected less on my life in general in the past week.
6) After graduation options I spent about an hour this week studying for the GRE.
7) Sleep! I did not in fact sleep as much as I should have in the past week.
8) Exercise I only exercised once this week. This is definitely something I need to work on.
9) Work on thesis I have started to read one of the books I plan to use for my thesis.
10) Declutter I worked on my room (it looks a lot better!) and finished my purse.
11) Scholarships I spent a lot of time on that this week. I applied to nine scholarships, as well as creating a list of scholarships I should apply to, the deadline for the scholarship, and other information. My mother also challenged me to apply to 50 scholarships this summer, which I intend to aim for. I've applied to 10 so far!
12) Pray for others Last Sunday, I promised God and myself that I would spend 10 minutes every day praying for others. I reached this goal six out of the last seven days. However, most of this time was spent praying, getting distracted, praying, getting distracted, and so on. I would like to work more on being able to pray for longer periods of time without getting distracted.

I also got a summer job this week. It's full time, so posts may be scarce from now on (although hopefully not!). My goal is to still try to complete all of these summer goals. It may be impossible, but that seems to be what God wants from me. Maybe the extra challenge/time crunch of it will force me to be much more efficient about it than I was last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment