Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Reflection

Since being at home, I've realized that I think much less here. There's no need to. There's no need to work or to turn in assignments, to strive for perfection, to do much of anything, really. I created a list of goals for the summer in an attempt to give myself a purpose and something to strive for, but so far it hasn't much worked. Maybe I'm being too hard on myself; maybe I should just accept the fact that the first week or two will be pure relaxation. But that doesn't mean that I should abandon my spiritual strivings, and to some degree I've found that that's true. But I can't just float along on my spiritual journey and expect nothing to change! I need to put in effort and thought and time in order to expand my relationship with God and allow Him to work through me. I feel like I'm not doing that. I feel like I'm just existing, in every aspect of my life.

Lord, I pray that You will give my life this summer a sense of purpose, and help me to keep striving for You and for perfection and for whatever else You want for me. Please help me to stay on track and focused on You and what You want for me and my life. Please guide me and comfort me and give me the strength to follow Your will for my life.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment