Saturday, May 12, 2012

Stories

I have really been struggling lately with my stories. Over and over again, I will get flashes of how whatever I'm doing or thinking could be related to one of my stories, how this or that character would react in the current situation or if this or that related situation were to occur. I hate it! When I came home, I literally had not thought of a story for probably at least two weeks. It may not sound like long, but for me that was a huge victory. It's frustrating to see that accomplishment go up in smoke and have to fight again to be story-free.

I can think of several reasons why the urge to think about my stories is back, but I'm not sure I care, really. None of them are relevant to avoiding situations in which I am tempted. All I can do in this case is trust in God to sustain me and resist as hard as I can. As I heard in a song today, He "is the strength in our weakness".

No comments:

Post a Comment