Sunday, May 6, 2012

Preparation

Today, instead of going for a walk, I walked a prayer labyrinth. It was a really interesting experience. At first I really disliked it--walking to nowhere seemed strange, almost distracting, not to mention the birds all around me were really distracting. But once I managed to rise above all that I found it very conducive to reflection. Just following the path without thinking about where I was supposed to go meant that I could focus solely on reflection, while the walking gave my body something to do while I was thinking.

For the first time in a while, I felt at peace with the fact that God wants me to be at home this summer, rather than saying "Thy will be done, Lord" but still feeling upset about it. God presented the summer to me as a time of preparation for next year and afterwards. It gave the summer a sense of purpose. I think one of the things I've really disliked about being home for the summer in the past is the complete lack of purpose in my life--I was really just biding my time until I could go back to doing things in many ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment