Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Mark 1

This chapter is full of faith--John the Baptist's, Jesus', Simeon and Andrew, James and John, the people who came to Jesus to ask for healing.  I can't imagine the faith it would take to leave everything just because some guy asked you to.  I know You're more than just a guy, but how did they know that--they'd never seen you before.  What was so compelling about You that they just left their lives to follow You?  Especially James and John, who left their father behind in the boat when they left.  I don't know if I could do that.  Please give me such faith.  And Your power.  You cast out demons without allowing them to say Your name or who You are, You heal the sick, You call people to You and they come (how many did You call that didn't come?).  Are some things today caused by demons, and we just don't realize it because we're so science- and reality-focused?  You teach and heal--connected?  Your teachings help heal the soul?  And even though all those people wanted to see You, You took time to go be alone and to pray.  Please help me to do that, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment