Sunday, September 25, 2011

Joshua 12

A list of lands and kings that the Israelites defeated.  Do You keep a list of all the sins/problems that You and I have defeated together?  I was going to add 'mostly You,' and maybe that's true, but if anything is going to change I have to made a decision to change.  You can only help me if I agree, if I'm willing.  That's what we get from free will.  And I have to keep making that decision, again and again and again.   You can help with that, of course, but ultimately You let me make the decision.  That is just so crazy!  You give us so much responsibility (freedom?), which we don't deserve and couldn't deal with without You.  But it's also a huge part of Your plan, of how You work.  You wanted to give us the choice; You didn't want people who just blindly worship You because they don't have a choice.  We have to choose to follow You, choose to worship You, choose to trust You, choose to accept Your love and help and guidance and everything else You can give.

No comments:

Post a Comment