Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Genesis 28

Jacob sent away, to find a wife of his own people.  Then Esau tried to please his parents, when he saw what Jacob did and that they liked it, by marrying one of his people, one of Ishmael´s daughters.  That's really sad.  Trying anything you can to please your parents--he must really not feel loved by them.  Also, why did Isaac bless Jacob again when Jacob left?  That seems stupid to me, if he really did regret blessing Jacob instead of Esau.  Jacob sees angels going into heaven.  First thought here was: why did you show such a jerky person such a cool thing?  But am I any better?  We all have our flaws.  I would never steal anything from my brother, but I still sin against You and against others in other ways.  Like Abraham, when God speaks to him somewhere, Jacob's reaction is to worship and create an altar.  That's a good reaction; please help me to have so good of a reaction.  And I think Jacob is the first to mention tithing.

No comments:

Post a Comment