Sunday, August 12, 2012

Last Week

Well, last week was quite a roller coaster. Or maybe not a roller coaster... maybe more of a flat line, and at that a flat line that was at a much lower level than I wanted it to be at.

Sorry, did that make sense? Let me explain. I went into the week fully intending to be very productive: finish a few books before I headed back to school, finish up some of the reading for my thesis next semester, do lots of errands like getting my hair cut and activating my credit card. Let me tell you, the week definitely didn't turn out like that. I mostly just watched Stargate SG-1 (I'm a sucker for sci-fi, of all sorts and sizes) and played games on my computer. Honestly, it was kind of awful. Watching that much TV isn't even fun, it's brain-deadening and addictive and completely pointless. Same for computer games. Ick!

It was a relief to be able to break the cycle on Saturday and do some work: thesis readings, cleaning around the house, baking, and scholarships. So I've come away from that whole experience with a renewed desire to follow God whole-heartedly and try to learn more about Him. Going through the motions isn't enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment