Saturday, July 7, 2012

Psalm 14

The first time I read this psalm, I was caught by the first line: "The fool says in his heart, 'There is no God.'" And maybe they are fools, for not recognizing or accepting God. But there are so many of them, all around, that thinking of them as fools is probably not a good idea--it's hard to be Christian towards someone you think is a fool. Yes, they're wrong, but I can also understand where they're coming from--it's hard to see God when you don't believe in Him, and even harder to accept His guidance when you're used to doing whatever you want.

On my second read-through, I noticed more how David laments the evil and the evil people in the world. That's something that we're still doing today. It's a nice reminder that the people in the Bible weren't so different from us.

No comments:

Post a Comment