Monday, April 29, 2013

More Thoughts on Ezekiel

I've been thinking more about Ezekiel as I continue to slog my way through it. Yes, it really is a slog--I dislike it, and this is perhaps the first time I've ever truly disliked a book of the Bible.

I'm on to the part now about the new Israel. How does this fit into the New Testament, where God gets rid of the temple as the sole place of worship? Or is it referring to the Israel that was rebuilt after their 70 years of Babylonian exile? And why does God get so fixated on numbers and dimensions and borders in this section? (Or was that Ezekiel?) Perhaps so people could see when the words came true?

This Daily Worship post, written by Sacredise, is about Ezekiel 2:8-3:11. I really liked their interpretation, on Ezekiel's calling and how God uniquely equipped him for his ministry to the Israelites.

I'm not sure why I disliked it so much this time through, because I've definitely read it before. Anyone else have thoughts about Ezekiel?

No comments:

Post a Comment